Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Solution

I've created it. The nice, friendly, non-offensive way to inform my neighbors I'm putting in a fence. I guess I could say that it's not ME that's telling them... it's the kids! How can they get mad at kids, right? Here's what it will say. Feel free to comment with any suggestions for change to make it more amiable.

Dear Neighbors,

Our Mama has to come outside
each time we want to play and hide.

There's too many things to straighten and dust
to spend all her day outside with us.

She often likes to come out, too,
but sometimes needs a break for a few.

So even though we really like you,
(your toys are fun to play on, too),

Our parents decided it just makes sense
to go ahead and put up a fence.

We hope you don't take it personally.
She needs this 'til we're good at listening.

Love, The Farnsworth Children

This little poem will be on some cute paper, maybe all shaped like a house or something, and will arrive with a plate of fence-shaped cookies. I'll post a picture when I get it all put together. For now, I'd like to know what you think and if there's any spectacular changes you can think of that I didn't. What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. Actually I think it's a really cute idea! Do you really think that people will be offended by the fence?
I hope it goes well for you. :-)