Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Picture

Here's what I came up with. I decided not to make fence-shaped cookies, because I didn't have a fence-shaped cookie cutter. If anyone knows where I can get one, I'd still like to... Anyway. I did have a fence stamp, though. So I made the card in the shape of a house, and put the fence across the bottom. It can open up to read the rest of the letter. I decided on chocolate chip cookies because everyone likes chocolate chip cookies, right? They do look good, don't they? Mmmmm... Hopefully it's enough of a peace offering. I know, I went totally out of my way. But it was kinda fun to make everything. I haven't had much time to be crafty lately. Feel free to click the picture to see the words. And yes, they both say different things at one point. One of our neighbors has an in-ground trampoline and a treehouse-type play area with a slide, and the other one has a pond with a bunch of goldfish in it. Hence, the fence. We don't want any tragic drowning accidents this summer with four little ones who don't know how dangerous water really is. What do you think?

5 comments:

Kenton and Haylee said...

Very creative! I think it's a cute idea. You've got to keep your kids safe, so they should not get offended. It's just how it is! Very cute!

Emily said...

That's super creative!!!

Ash Trump said...

Very cute! I like it and it is a very nice way to say it ;o) You are sooo creative!!! I am glad you are doing it to keep your kids safe and your neighbors will understand ;o)

Laura said...

That is absolutely adorable! I think it's very generous of you to make a peace offering. Writing it from the children's perspective was smart!!

Brooke and Brian said...

I agree with all the comments. I think it was a good idea to address the issue in the first place. Leaving it unsaid only cause assumptions that may not be true. Nicely done, and very cute.