Thursday, February 19, 2009

Regrets

Have you ever been torn between two choices of food to eat? I was last night. I had gone out on a hubby-approved solo venture, and had stopped by Super Target. While there, I purchased some apples. Only $0.99/lb. Pretty good deal for their size. Before I had even gone in, I was hungry. I even decided to stop by the indoor restaurant, but didn't find anything appealing. As I was putting my purchases in the trunk, I thought maybe I'd grab an apple and eat it. However, since I had tied the bag closed in the store so they wouldn't fall out of the cart, I decided against it. (Too cold outside to stand there untying the bag to get to the apples) A while later, I decided to stop by Arby's. Usually I love their roast beef sandwiches, but this time, I tried their Popcorn Chicken Poppers with honey mustard. They were good, and they were fresh. Very tasty. But when I was finished, and felt full of greasy chicken, I wished I would have chosen the apple instead. It would have been cheaper (less than $1), and definitely would have been healthier. Lesson learned: Always follow my instincts. My first instinct was to eat the apple. I didn't follow that instinct, and ended up regretting it.

1 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Story of my life. And it doesn't help that those Popcorn Chicken Poppers are SO yummy. Sometimes I wish Fast Food wasn't so convenient.